There is no worse feeling than looking in the mirror and hating the person looking back at you. Not even a broken heart feels this bad and a broken heart feels pretty bad.
A broken heart happens from external disappointment and separation from another. Self-hatred happens from internal disappointment and separation from who you are.
Self-hatred happens from a lack of acceptance of who we are and when I think about this I put it into two lanes:
- The first has to do with things that ARE within our ability to change that will empower us and allows us to step into a fuller expression of who we are and build our self-esteem and self-confidence.
- The second requires us to know who we are and feeling empowered by our uniqueness. This is the true validation of worthiness!
To have an acceptance of who we are we have to know who we are.
Do you know who you are?
Being a mother, sister, friend, or your occupation are all roles that we play.
To know who you are is to know what makes you unique.
- your gifts,
- your talents,
- your quirkiness,
- your love of knitting or gardening,
- your humour,
- your musical inclination
- the way people trust you with their secrets,
- the things you stand for.
Those are all the things that make you uniquely….. and I truly mean one of a kind….. YOU!
I hope you find this video helpful.
Join the conversation and let me know what makes you special.
Sending you lots of love and light!